Saturday, March 21, 2009

It seemed like a great idea at midnight

After getting the boys in bed I went to my friend's house and we ran up to Wallyworld for the 12:01 release of Twilight. Nothing makes you realize your age like standing in a line of 300 people 90% of whom were under 18. I felt like such a dirty old woman (hmm not too far off the mark I suppose). So friend finally got her copy and we realized the lines were very long. We decided to shop at Walmart for all those things you just know you need at midnight. Finally got out of the store around 12:30 and drove back to her house where we had a bottle of red wine waiting for us and munchies of course.
To say that I lusted after Edward and Jasper would be an understatement. Of course the red wine loosened up the lips and the censor was gone for the evening but there was noone but my friend and her pets to hear me.
Got home at 2:40 and of course had to get online for a few. Got to bed at 3am. Now this body and mind could party with the best of them not too long ago but those days are definitely gone. I'm off to take the kids to breakfast and then maybe a nap. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Dirty old woman:

    HA! HA! HA! I guess it is safe cheating. We are just glad you didn't pick up two random guys at Walmart named Eddie and Jasper. Then, this post would be a whole 'notha story!

    Sleep well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for checking out my blog! I'm not so great with spreading the word about my blog, as much as I'd like to.
    And I have to say, I didn't go to Walmart to get Twilight tonight, but I did order it on PayPerView and am seriously regretting my decision. I'll marry Robert Pattinson one day. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, hope you get a good nap ;) while I do think Edward was hot in the movie, I was disappointed with it overall and Jasper didn't live up to my imagination.

    ReplyDelete